Getting to this part took a little while because in the midst of all this I resized my dress form so my fit was accurate. I took my sloper bodice pattern and traced it on to muslin fabric, adding seam allowances all around. Stitch them up like a vest, closing the darts, and match the center front. I made 4 of each so I could match the different bodice fronts with different backs in case I like the Madalynne back with the Sewing.WonderHowto Front.
Here is the Madalynne sloper front with Madalynne back. As you can see it is too wide across the back on the shoulders and there is a gap in the front of the armhole. I could probably adjust the back with some darts on the shoulder. I do like the dart placement on this front.
Here is the Sewing.WonderHowTo sloper front with matching back. You can see it is too tight, even with the weird ease added in at the waist. The side seam does not hang straight either. It is a little too short and doesn’t hit the waist by about 1/2 to 3/4 inches. So another one bites the dust.
So I put the Madalynne Back on because overall I thought it fit the best. You can see that the side seam isn’t straight so this area would need some adjusting.
The I put the Sewing How To front with it that didn’t fit too well either.
You can see it pinned on and see that the dart is too far up on the breast and another dart is needed at the arm hole.
This is so frustrating. I am not sure if the instructions just aren’t good for me or I can’t get the measurements right.
I just tell myself that patience will win out and I will find one that works eventually.
Here are the two fronts side by side.
Neither one fit that great.
Stay tuned for Part 1.5 another tutorial to try and Part 1.75, another muslin. I’ll get to the rest of the slopers eventually. I hope this is just the hardest one!